Friday, May 1, 2009

About Myself

I decided in junior high that I wanted to be a psychologist. After I learned about the use of art with people with schizophrenia or dissociation in my high school psychology class, I realized that my desire to be a psychologist and my artistic hobby could be used together in helping people. I attended Oklahoma State University for my undergraduate degree, where I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a Studio Art minor. From there, I attended George Washington University, where I gained experience in placements in a special educational school setting and a day treatment program for trauma survivors, and then graduated with my Master of Arts in Art Therapy.

My subsequent experience includes working with children, adolescents, and families as an art therapist in home-based counseling and with emotionally disturbed adolescents and pre-school age children in DC inner city schools. I have also had experience working with soldiers in the Warrior in Transition Unit (WTU).  Currently, I work with adolescents of service members in a partial hospitalization program and inpatient unit as well as in private practice with all ages. In addition to my work experience, I have also been a graduate faculty on-site supervisor of master's level interns since 2006, as well as supervise ATR and LCPAT candidates.

I am involved with and possess the following Professional Associations and Credentials:

Credentials:
  • Registered Art Therapist (ATR), 2005
  • Board Certified (BC), 2006
  • Licensed Professional Art Therapist (LPAT), 2012
  • Licensed Clinical Professional Art Therapist (LCPAT), 2013
  • Approved Art Therapy Supervisor (Maryland), 2018
  • Art Therapy Certified Supervisor (ATCS), 2018
Associations:
  • American Art Therapy Association Professional Member, 2001-present
  • Potomac Art Therapy Association Professional Member, 2001-2003, 2006-present
  • Maryland Art Therapy Association Professional Member, 2018-present
  • Registered with NPI and CAQH

No comments: